Job ID: BH335800
Category: Data Entry, Data Analyst
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Job Location: Mostly remote however this person will be required to go into the office sporadically.
Hours: 40 hours, 9am – 5pm, Wednesday – Friday, 7am – 3pm Saturday and Sunday
*These hours are non negotiable
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Excel and database systems
- BA or higher in computer science, data systems, human services, or related field
- Training in customer service
- Database management experience
- Bilingual, with an emphasis in English and Spanish
- Experience with ETO, Clarity or another Homeless Management Information System
- Experience with prior software systems integrations and implementations
- Strong MS Excel skills, including the ability to use Excel functions to sort and filter data, assess for duplicate or erroneous entries, and to generate reports that are accessible to non-technical users
- Experience using Sharepoint, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and other file sharing and group communication tools
The Data Specialist, Clarity Migration will work with the HMIS Team in the Department of Program Evaluation, as well as the Shelter Operations Data Manager to assist with data entry, data migration, and data quality analysis and error reconciliation as part of the systems change from Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) to Clarity. These systems are used to track a wide variety of data related to the services and shelter provided to homeless individuals, and the data points are used in financial, contractual, and other reporting that guides the implementation of programs and strategies to further work.
The Data Specialist inputs client-level data into program information systems for emergency shelters and other programs to ensure up-to-date and accurate information for service delivery, planning and evaluation. The incumbent will enter current and historical data from various sources into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), Clarity, and conduct quality checks to ensure complete and accurate information. Reporting to the Emergency Services Data Manager Working and in conjunction with the Department of Program Evaluation, the incumbent will be responsible for producing data quality reports to assist the Operations Manager and/or respective Director(s) in identifying and reconciling errors or gaps of information. The incumbent will provide feedback on data quality improvement efforts and suggest improvements in data collection processes and systems, with the end goal of promoting mission-driven data-informed programming.
The Data Specialist will work in conjunction with Program Evaluation department, the incumbent will be responsible for entering, auditing, and reconciling errors in bed data/census reports. The Data Specialist will be in regular communication with technical and non-technical users around the entry and clarification of data compiled during implementation and integration blackouts, and will assist with contemporaneous data entry as users are trained in and become proficient users of the new system.
The Data Specialist, Clarity Migration, will be an experienced user of complicated databases, and will have worked on prior software systems migrations. The Data Specialist will work with a range of technical and non-technical users to resolve errors and will be able to tailor their communication to their audience.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.