Associate Director of Billing
Job ID: BH335535
Category: Billing Supervisor
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
TEMP to Perm
Job Title: Associate Director of Billing
Interview Process: Phone call with HR and then interview with hiring manager
Job Location: Bedford (Candidates must go into the office to work)
Dress: Business Casual
Co Size: 600+
Why Open: Restructure
- several years of billing experience
- MS Office
- Managerial experience
- Healthcare Electronic Billing experience
Purpose Oversee and manage Billing Operations staff and processes for the ED Billing and Audit & Training departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversee all employees in the Audit & Training and ED Billing Departments
2. Monitor training of all new employees or those transitioning to new roles
3. Work with department Managers to resolve issues within the department(s)
4. Develop new processes and reinforce existing processes
5. Communicate new client information to department managers and staff
6. Monitor appropriate work load of staff and staff productivity
7. Review all current and new employee audits
8. Monitor the Carrier Payment Audit process to ensure timely completion with effective information that is relayed to the proper teams for further research and review
9. Monitor that Contract implementation is completed in a timely manner according to outlined processes
10. Monitor the day to day tasks for ED Billing follow up
11. Ensure staff is trained and aware of job and company expectations and determine remedial action when needed 1
2. Ensure cooperative team environment by a. Effective & timely communication regarding department and company initiatives b. Adjusting procedures as necessary to create process efficiencies c. Resolving issues among staff d. Encouraging constructive feedback from staff and between team members
13. Manage recruitment process a. Identifying needs b. Posting Internally c. Participating in screening and interview process with the Manager of each team.
14. Comply with all State and Federal Laws regarding an effective Compliance Program inclusive of HIPAA Privacy and Security 2 a. Adhere to the Code of Conduct and be familiar with all compliance policies and procedures stored relevant to this position b. Ensure Departmental Managers and employees follow the Code of Conduct, compliance policies and procedures c. Administer the appropriate sanction when an employee violates a compliance policy or procedure
15. Review and approve time and attendance records according to company standards
16. Provide on?going feedback and annual performance reviews for direct staff as well as monitoring and approving for staff that within the oversight groups
17. Uphold company mission, vision and values
18. Proactively monitor company policies and address transgressions appropriately
19. Facilitate meetings with department and make presentations to senior management as needed
20. Monitor and enforce compliance with all pertinent local, state, and federal laws and regulations relating to operations and employment
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the duties.
Education (Degrees, Certificates, Licenses, Etc.) Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Computer Skills Prior word processing, spreadsheet and internet software experience including proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word required.
1. Strong computer skills including advanced word processing, spreadsheet and internet software experience preferred
2. Strong and proven management skills for large multi?task groups of employees
Specific Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Ability to learn new and existing software
2. Ability to understand the capabilities, limitations and integrations within the entire infrastructure of the company
3. Ability to work effectively on a team
4. Ability to effectively oversee the management of one or several teams 5. Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose solutions
6. Must possess strong interpersonal skills
7. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
8. Ability to multi?task and change direction at any given time
9. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
10. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
11. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
12. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.