Lab Associate (2)
Job ID: BH335415
Category: Laboratory Systems
– Consistently performs simple to moderately complex assays utilizing established procedures.
– Prepares protocols/logs or other appropriate documents.
– Organizes and prepares clinical specimens for testing; identifies problems and assists in resolving appropriately.
– Prepares testing equipment and performs preventive maintenance. Notifies appropriate technical staff of equipment problems.
– Prepares and maintains complete and accurate records of reagents or media using established procedures, formulas, stock solutions and fixed volume measuring devices.
– Maintains inventory of consumable items including reagents and supplies. Unpacks, logs, dates and stores reagents/supplies upon receipt and properly rotates stock for use.
– Prepares reagents and controls using automated or fixed volume measuring devices. Performs phase-in verifications according to established guidelines. Submits documentation to appropriate staff for approval to use.
– Performs data entry or transfers data to computer for data reduction and prepares for clinical laboratory scientist's review. Tallies workload data and prepares reports as requested.
– Verifies assay meets acceptable quality control criteria. When necessary, notifies appropriate technical staff for troubleshooting.
– Logs or charts Quality Control and/or Quality Assurance results for review by licensed clinical laboratory scientist.
– May demonstrate initiative in making suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity and provide consistent feedback.
– Associates degree in biological sciences or chemistry
– Experience working with Microsoft Office programs
The Laboratory Associate will work in a laboratory environment to assist clinical lab scientists. Daily responsibilities of the Lab Associate will include Organizes and prepares clinical specimens for testing, Prepares testing equipment and performs preventive maintenance, Maintains inventory of consumable items including reagents and supplies, Unpacks, logs, dates and stores reagents/supplies upon receipt and properly rotates stock for use. A successful Lab Associate will perform these functions with confidence while following all safety and compliance procedures. If you are interested in working in a laboratory environment in the healthcare industry, apply now!
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.