Job ID: BH335026
Category: Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
TEMP to Perm
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Length of Project: Open ended with perm potential
Interview Process: Virtual
Hours (any flex on start/end times / any remote work?): 40
Job Location: Remote for now. Cambridge if things clear up
Dress: Business Casual
Industry: Non Profit
Co Size: Large Non profit
Company Info/About: Large Non Profit that has locations all through the state.
- Experience in Month End Close
- some analysis and financial reporting work
- Available to start ASAP
- Really wants someone out of Bigger company experience as opposed to Non Profit experience.
- Agresso Software is a bonus but not required
- Non Profit is a bonus
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential job duties/responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the information listed below:
- Consolidates monthly financials; performs monthly account analysis.
- Ensures all entries and adjustments are booked timely and accurately.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, annual reporting package for senior leaders.
- Provides requested documentation and supporting data for audit procedures.
- Collects various accounting data to prepare and analyze financial income and other accounting statements and reports.
- Maintains general accounting systems for use by management in controlling expenditures and insuring compliance with tax laws.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems requiring use and application of accounting concepts, practices, and techniques.
- Distributes revenue to appropriate accounts and balance totals to bank statement. Prepares revenue entries.
- Monitors and maintains payroll and benefits related data, including salary allocation, workers’ compensation, health insurance, and retirement plan. Processes payroll and general ledger correction forms.
- Reconciles monthly accounts payable and accounts receivable and other balance sheet accounts and proposes correcting journal entries, as appropriate.
- Prepares rent subsidy report.
- Maintains the fixed asset system, capitalizing expenses, as appropriate.
- Allocates prepayments, bond interest expense.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Intermediate to advanced Excel user comfortable with large data sets and experience with advanced formulas and pivot and data tables, with data validation, structuring and presentation abilities, and proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to develop and maintain solid working relationships across the organization
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines, as well as ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels of the company and outside auditors
- Strong attention to detail, documentation and sense of ownership
- A collaborative and team-oriented attitude
Four or more years’ experience in accounting or related field; healthcare environment preferred. In some instances, experience may be substituted for academic training.
Preferred /Required Education:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field required
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.