Accountant – Portfolio
Job ID: BH334681
Category: Senior Accountant, Property Accountant
Private equity firm seeking a portfolio accountant. Fantastic growth potential! There is a lot of opportunity to grow as the company grows and opportunity to get exposed to different things. Great opportunity for a Portfolio Accountant at a growing company!
- 7-10 years of Property Management Accounting or Portfolio reporting experience
- degree in accounting
- Professional written and verbal communication skills. This hire will interact with all of the different departments in the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Responsibility for the accurate US GAAP financial reporting of private real estate Fund and/or Separate Accounts
• Reviewing third party manager’s quarterly reports for the Fund’s and/or Separate Accounts’ properties to ensure compliance with property accounting policy and procedures
• Reviewing all aspects of the financial operations of the assigned Fund and/or Separate Accounts and explain variances
• Preparing the Fund’s and/or Separate Accounts’ quarterly financial statements to Investors
• Overseeing annual external audit and tax returns. Ensuring all deadlines are met.
• Reviewing year-end property reconciliation billings completed by the third-party managers.
• Assisting in the preparation of monthly cash forecasting reports for assigned Fund and/or Separate Account
• Reviewing third-party manager’s property management fee billings charged to assigned Fund/Separate Account
• Other duties as directed by the Directors of Accounting Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, 7-10 years of experience in Property Management Accounting and Portfolio, Property Management software experience on a PC (i.e., MRI, Timberline or Skyline) required • Prior preparation of Consolidated Financial Statements
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all members of the organization
• Self-motivated, high attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast pace environment
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.