Job ID: BH334224
Category: Purchasing Manager
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
TEMP to Perm or Perm
Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Interview Process: Virtual
Hours (any flex on start/end times / any remote work?): 40
Job Location: Remote most but may have to go into Cambridge office from time to time.
Dress: Business Casual
Industry: Non Profit
Company Info/About: Large Non Profit organization
Why Open: Organizational change
- 5+ years of experience
- Managerial experience
MUST SEE IN MARKETING NOTE: Candidate looking for a perm opportunity. Will consider both Temp to Perm and Perm candidates.
Do send: Perm and Temp to Perm candidates. Candidates with hands on and supervisory experience.
Do not send: Temp only candidates.
Summary: Direct the corporate-wide purchasing effort, including the development of best practice purchasing policies and procedures, the operations of purchasing programs (centrally and locally operated), and the negotiation of contracts. Engage field staff and other end-users in establhing a customer-centric end-to-end procurement process. Serve as the primary managerial point of contact for outside vendors and internal custoners.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducts needs assessments, analyzes spending and purchasing patterns to inform strategic opportunities for cost savings and other advantages. Facilitates and leads multi-disciplinary teams to provide direction on products and services needed for purchasing consolidation and/or field assignment of purchasing programs. • Develops and manages one-time and repetitive RFP bid processes. • Maximizes the cost-effective use of consortia and group purchasing organizations. • Develops and recommends policies and procedures related to acquisition of all non-salaried expenses, exclusive of Real Estate. • Directs the administration of purchasing operations at the corporate office. Hires staff appropriate to the position. Utilizes staff appropriately with the goal of optimizing effort and achieving operational goals. • Manages staff performance. Provides direction, training, and coaching; implements recognition and rewards programs; conducts performance planning and review sessions; provides guidance on career development. Applies counseling, disciplinary, and corrective action programs, as necessary. • Negotiates vendor contracts and monitors contract compliance to ensure terms and conditions are being met. • Works with Legal Department to create template agreements and customized contracts. • Manages the purchasing card program. • Leverages purchasing volume to achieve optimum balance of pricing, quality, and other important terms. • Through Fleet Manager, ensures the operation of fleet of vehicles, including lease negotiation, vehicle assignments, transfers and replacements, maintenance, insurance Purchasing Manager – ADMIN 2 claim and repairs coordination, and RMV issues. • Maintains appropriate documentation. • In conjunction with IT staff and others, develops and maintains automated support for all purchasing operations. Maximizes the cost beneficial use of ERP system. • Proposes and administers annual Purchasing Department budget; tracks expenditures, and justifies variances. • Maintains productive relationships with vendors, staff, and professional organizations. • Maintains currency in purchasing concepts and practices. • Performs other related duties, as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- • Extensive knowledge of purchasing concepts, theories, and practices
- Ability to analyze and improve business processes
- Organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Strong, demonstrated negotiating skills
- Ability to work in a professional and confidential capacity
- Attention to detail
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, particulary Excel and Word
- Typical Requirements:
- Ten to fifteen years’ experience, with progressive responsibility covering purchasing, negotiating, logistics, vendor relations, and systems development in a large size business environment.
- Five or more year’s experience managing staff and fostering a team environment.
- Preferred /Required Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.