Job ID: BH334153
Category: Staff Accountant, Billing, Bookkeeper, Accounts Payable
Job Title: Accounting Associate
Job Location: Needham/Remote
Industry: Digital tech media company.
Info on role:
This position will report to the Accounting Manager and get involved in a variety of duties from GL, assisting with monthly close, balance sheet recs, AP, billing, revenue, special projects etc.
- High volume, accurate processing of invoices into Microsoft Great Plains accounting system, both vendor and inter-company invoices, in preparation for weekly check-run.
- Work with Docuphase, AP automation software.
- Process employee expense reports using Certify.
- Prepare wire/ach transfer templates for manual payments of invoices.
- Maintain and reconcile daily cash journal.
- Post cash receipts to customer accounts.
- Review and process billings from the sales order system.
- Run and tie out revenue batches for posting by Senior Accountants.
- Prepare certain balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Support financial audits as required.
- Special projects as required
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 5-7 years of public or private company experience.
- Knowledge of ERP system, Microsoft Great Plains is a plus.
- Experience in multi-facility, worldwide organization is a plus.
- Experience with AP Automation is a plus.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments and work as a team.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.