Accounts Payable Specialist
Job ID: BH334121
Category: Accounts Payable
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Are you an experienced accounts payable (AP) professional seeking new opportunities?
A high-growth biotech company in Boston is looking for an AP Specialist. This is a new position open due to the growth of the company.
The opportunity will start as a contract with potential to convert to a full-time opportunity.
- Perform AP functions including; accurate and timely recording of payables transactions and payments to vendors; doing weekly check runs;
- Monitor timely payment process ensuring appropriate approval authority, general ledger coding, and compliance with company internal controls, policies and procedures
- Prepare backup and appropriate approvals for credit card payments.
- Analyze accounts payable processes, suggest improvements, and participate in the implementation of any improvement projects
- Manage relationships with internal and external customers, working with vendors and internal customers to answer questions and resolve vendor payment issues and late expense submissions.
- Prepare and mail 1099s to appropriate vendors and file with IRS
- Scan all Accounts Payable and Accounting documents into the company document retention system in a logical/orderly manner.
- 3+ years AP experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience using Oracle Cloud
- Biotech experience
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.