Job ID: BH333346
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Length of Project: 6+ months; temp to perm
Hours: 40 hours a week. onsite
Job Location: Belmont, MA
Co Size: 26,000
*knowledge of medical terminology
*3+ years of administrative experience
*High school diploma and or Associate’s Degree
*3+ years of medical setting with office practice experience
Client Job Description:
The Administrative secretary oversees and supports the administrative and clinical functions of the combined Internal Medicine and Neurology departments known as MIMA. Major responsibilities include: efficient clinic operations; time sheet, schedule and payroll management for physicians; encounter form management for all clinical services and liaison for billing issues; EKG, lab and radiology schedule coordinator; backup coverage for the departmental secretary; and team leader for per diem office support staff.
Clinic Operations 50%
• Answer and triage phone calls from a variety of internal and external consumers.
• Schedule ambulatory appointments for Internal Medicine, EKG, lab and MRI in a timely and efficient manner. Patients may reside on the hospital grounds or in the community.
• Schedules MRIs and other exams within the organization’s system using the Radiology Order Entry (ROE) system.
• Completes physician referrals through the MGPO Clinical Referral Management System (CRMS)
• Coordinate and schedule new patient physicals for residential programs and assorted hospital research studies
• Creates charts and completes various clinical requisitions.
• Completion of all managed care referrals for the primary care practice. This involves using various systems that are payer specific to obtain specialty consultations.
• Obtains prior authorizations for patient with payers for medicines ordered by MIMA staff.
• Collect co-pays from patients using the Front Desk Module of IDX system and coordinates practice co-pay collection procedures.
• Maintains office supplies.
• Team leader for per diem medical staff
Physician Payroll and Credentialing 20%
• Compiles, prepares and submits payroll for 10-15 FFS, MDOC physicians in addition to calculating monthly time sheets for MDOCs, and Neurology consultants.
• Develops and issues MDOC schedule.
• Maintains accurate demographic information on MDOC staff.
• Monitors completion of appointment and credentialing packets as well as performance appraisal systems.
• Completes ACLS course registrations.
• Manages quarterly billing for the Cambridge Health Alliance contract.
Encounter Form Management 20%
• Assures completion, preparation and submission of all the McLean and MIMA outpatient encounters and serves as a liaison for billing issues and questions. Resolves billing issues related to lab invoices from the current vendor, NSMC.
Backup Coverage and Miscellaneous 10%
• Provides vacation and other coverage for the department secretary.
• Provides administrative support and completes projects as assigned by Department Chiefs.
• Other duties include correspondence, copying, and filing.
• High School diploma and Associates Degree or commensurate experience.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a medical setting with office practice experience preferred.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to work with consumers with mental illness and developmental disabilities.
• Excellent computers skills – work processing, spreadsheet, multiple clinical information systems (scheduling, front desk, patient registration) and electronic medical records.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with a high degree of accuracy and follow through
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.