Payment Research Specialist
Job ID: BH333204
Category: Administrative Assistant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
TEMP (Perm potential)
Job Title: Payment Research Specialist
Interview Process: Phone interview. Followed by in person interview
Hours (any flex on start/end times / any remote work?): 40
Job Location: Bedford (Need to be ok working in the office).
Dress: Business Casual
Co Size: 700+
Why Open: Growth
- HS Diploma
- MS Office
- 1-2 years related experience
MUST SEE IN MARKETING NOTE: Candidates must be ok with working in the office
Client Job Description:
Research, resolve and respond to all credit balances in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Research credit balances for all practices – i.e.: overpayments/duplicate payments from insurance carriers and self pays
2. Research payments for voided checks, payments applied wrong and accuracy of insurance postings
3. Payment research on accounts determining if refund is to be initiated to Insurance Carriers & Self Pay patients
4. Contact insurance companies for refund and retraction requests
5. Oversees and reviews credit balance reports worked by the partners
6. Runs all print jobs and mailings done by the partners
7. Works payment research and misapplied payments in all clients data bases
8. Post payments and run credit cards during month end as needed
9. Adhere to the Code of Conduct and be familiar with all compliance policies and procedures stored in LogixGarden relevant to this position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the duties.
Education (Degrees, Certificates, Licenses, Etc.)
High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Prior word processing, spreadsheet and internet software experience including proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word required.
One to two years related experience preferred.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Ability to add, to subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. This ability will encompass using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
2. Ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages
3. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
4. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
5. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
6. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
7. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations 8. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
9. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, use hands, talk, hear and occasionally walk and reach with hands or arms
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.