Job ID: BH332917
Category: Purchasing, Buyer, Procurement / Supply Chain
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
- Has authority to commit funds by contract, procures a wide variety of supplies, equipment and services using procurement tools and systems.
- Evaluate special request purchase orders to ensure compliance to our Policies and Procedures
- Professionally communicate order discrepancies and take corrective action.
- Place special order requests with suppliers in a timely manner.
- Participate in supplier negotiations and contract management initiatives.
- Track and report cost savings/avoidance.
- Participates in business reviews with suppliers and staff.
- Establish relationships with our department managers to offer support and improve services.
- HS Diploma required – Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Some prior purchasing experience, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of applicable policy, regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience in the use of ERP technology; PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational, customer service, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong materials management techniques and practices.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional and articulate manner with internal and external partners at all levels of the organization.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.