Job ID: BH332906
Category: Manager of FPA, Controller, Assistant Controller, Accounting and Finance
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
A California based software start up seeks a full time, permanent Controller. This person can sit anywhere in the US and will be focused on both Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in a Accounting or a related field
- CPA with 5+ years of experience in either an accounting or finance role.
- 3+ years of experience overseeing financial reporting for an organization with multiple business units and cost allocation.
- 1+ year focused on financial accounting and financial models.
- Software/SaaS, High Tech, Biotech, or Start-up experience
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Excel, financial modeling, and data analytics.
- An ability to effectively manage external contract resources.
- An ability to present financial data and insights concisely and clearly.
- Proactive and self-directed. Strong candidates will anticipate the needs of the organization as it grows.
- Start up experience
Develop, implement and maintain internal systems and financial controls consistent with company’s policies and regulatory guidelines, ensuring compliance with all tax and corporate requirements and filings.
Create and maintain a set of policies that will help us to move faster, while staying in lockstep with our financial plan. Including but not limited to expense approvals, travel policies, and departmental spending.
Own, update and maintain company's financial model.
Build relationships with business leaders to empower them to execute against their budget to achieve desired outcomes while remaining in line with overall budgets
In partnership with an outsourced team of experts manage our accounting daily activities including AR, AP and cash management.
Own the financial close process and all associated processes and reporting to deliver accurate and timely results to the organization to facilitate critical decision making.
- Monthly analysis of business results, finance and operating metrics.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.