Certified Medical Assistant/Front Desk Reception
Job ID: BH332839
Category: Receptionist, Medical Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Other Area(s)
*Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education, training and experience in a clinical practice setting
*Knowledge of Medical terminology and 2-3 years of related experience
*Knowledge of Epic billing and scheduling systems preferred
World class medical center is looking for a The Medical Secretary/Medical Assistant to manage the day-to-day operations of the heart failure and transplant program.
- Serve as Front Desk Assistant to the practices of the heart failure and transplant program within the Medicine–Cardiology Department.
- Responsible for patient check-in and check-out at the front desk for all heart failure and transplant patients. Monitor the physicians’ daily patient schedules. Serve as the contact for scheduling follow-up appointments for office visits and procedures; and obtaining referrals and verification coverage.
- Review insurance information, obtain all necessary pre-certifications for procedures and other services, and obtain records and referrals information for patient appointments.
- Verify patient information in Epic to determine and collect insurance payments and co-payments.
- Coordinate required patient documents to be scanned for Epic filing and designate to the appropriate personnel.
- Set up examination /consultation rooms; assure rooms are stocked and cleaned between patient visits.
- Monitor phlebotomy room and supplies. Place supply orders as needed.
- Perform EKGs, holter monitors, blood pressure and INR checks. Conduct phlebotomy for designated patients.
- Utilize the Epic system to input discreet clinical data elements: medications, allergies, vitals, labs, patient problems and orders.
- Responsible for the clinical flow of the practice. Assist Physicians and Nurse Practitioners as needed.
- Conform to all applicable HIPAA, billing compliance and safety guidelines.
- Ensure patient centered care by demonstrating behaviors that reflect a Culture of Service and will strive to meet the expectations of the “Seven Competencies”. The seven competencies for a “Wow” experience are as follows:
- Effective Communication
- Job Knowledge
- Patient Centered Care
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Pride and Excellence
- Integrity and Credibility.
- Other duties as required.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.