Collector – Consumer/Bank
Job ID: BH332637
Small bank seeking a collections candidate to join a team of five. Ideal hire has done consumer collections in the past. Will consider someone who had done business to business collections
- Collections experience
- General understanding of lending and loans
- Bank industry experience
Responsible for tracking, monitoring and controlling all delinquent accounts through in person, written and telephone contact.The primary function is in mortgage foreclosure and automobile repossessions. This position also assists in the training of the collections staff.
- Deals with attorneys regarding bankruptcy, foreclosures and repossessions including preparation of files to be referred Legal.
- Represents the Credit Union at 341 Bankruptcy hearings if necessary.
- Prepares all real estate loans for possible foreclosures and monitors all foreclosure proceedings.
- Makes sure all foreclosed real estate is secured and maintained. Performs regular inspections on all foreclosed properties.
- Responsible for the monitoring of all Fannie Mae loans and other third party investors, applicable policies and reports.
- Orders repossessions, manages the repossession log and tracks repossessed auto inventory for timely disposition.
- Prepares repossessed vehicles for sale or auction, including recommended floor price.
- Performs all the responsibilities of the Collections Representative I as assigned.
- Provides prompt, efficient and professional service to members, employees and Board members on a regular basis.
- Works toward achieving sales/service goals by attending department meetings, one-on-one meetings and product knowledge and selling skills training, on an ongoing basis.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience required.
- Three (3) years of collection experience required.
- Strong working knowledge of Personal Computers.
- Knowledge of collection laws, such as Fair Debt Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Massachusetts and New Hampshire collection laws.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and sound judgment essential, with the ability to handle difficult situations with sensitivity and objectivity.
- Valid driver’s license.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.