Job ID: BH332550
Category: Assistant Controller
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Job Title: Assistant Controller
Interview Process: Virtual
Job Location: Boston (Starts remote but want local candidates to go in after things clear up)
Dress: Business Casual
Team Size: Building up a team.
Why Open: Newly created
- Public Accounting experience
- Pharma Industry
- Big 4 experience.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, talented and growing organization as the Assistant Controller. This role will report directly to the Corporate Controller and partner directly with the finance team, and cross-functional colleagues. This role is a "hands-on" position with directly responsibility for daily accounting and payroll operations, month and quarter-end closes, as well as being a key contributor to the implementation of projects and systems upgrades.
- Hands-on responsibility for day-to-day accounting operations (including accounts payable, payroll, and month-end closes, including GL reconciliations).
- Ensure that company financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP.
- Review monthly/quarterly account reconciliations, journal entries, and other documents to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Process payroll (bi-monthly) and W-2 reporting requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly R&D and clinical accruals.
- Point of contact for external quarterly reviews and audit process.
- Develop, maintain, and document ongoing compliance with accounting policies and procedures, and internal control documentation.
- Establish operational objectives and work plans, and delegate assignments to team members. Provide leadership, guidance, and support to team members.
- Provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis, as necessary.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting with current CPA license required.
- 6+ years of combined public accounting and biotechnology/pharmaceuticals industry accounting experience.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, and managing a quarter-close and public company reporting process.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information and materials.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solutions oriented.
- The ideal candidate will have an appetite for continuous learning, along with a desire to work in a fast-paced corporate environment.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.