Job ID: BH332514
Category: Senior Accountant
Large company seeking a Senior Accountant. This hire will handle month end close work. Responsibilities will include journal entries, GL work, account reconciliation, analysis experience. Working with external auditors on 10Q and 10 K.
- Large company experience
- Strong excel
- ERP experience
- 3+ years experience with journal entries, account reconciliation, analysis
Nice to have:
- Experience working with external auditors on 10Q and 10 K, plus
- Prior public accounting experience
This Senior Corporate Accountant role will be responsible for reviewing, reconciling, and maintaining a variety of accounting and financial data and information, including assisting with financial closings, preparing a variety of reports and records of assets and liabilities, and other complex financial transactions.
- Prepare reconciliations of specialized balance sheet accounts that are more complex in nature; reconcile sub-ledgers to general ledger;
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries;
- Prepare account analyses of the more complex balance sheet accounts with month to month changes and year to year changes;
- Support the field and other business units regarding prepaids, accruals, revenues, expenses, etc. and other journal entry or monthly questions that arise;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements;
- Prepare financial information included in footnotes and management’s discussion and analysis of 10Qs and 10Ks;
- Act as Key Liaison with external auditors for quarterly and annual filings;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and participate in the forecasting process as needed;
- Responsible for reporting to supervisor potential control deficiencies noted, procedural changes that have occurred or may occur which may require updates to SOX documentation, and for suggesting improvements to the financial control environment;
- Responsible for reading, comprehending, and following the applicable narratives pertaining to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements;
- Assist management with Ad Hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required;
- 3+ years of Public Accounting experience or 3+ years at a public company or a mix of both;
- CPA preferred;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required;
- Analytical and detail-oriented;
- Ability to recognize and investigate unusual amounts on financial statements;
- Ability to prioritize between multiple tasks;
- Team player;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Proficiency in PeopleSoft or similar ERP software preferred.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.