Job ID: BH332091
Category: Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Finance and Accounting Leadership
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Manage and report on daily organizational cash flow; build forecasting models working in partnership with program managers, operations, and development; continuously collaborate with program managers and operations to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Coordinate all audit activity.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of SSC’s financial status.
- Assist SSC’s leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Support the CFO in engaging the board’s audit and finance committees around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery.
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; collate financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants.
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
- Build finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities, and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for a mature leader with seven to ten years of accounting and finance experience, ideally beginning in accounting and audit, followed by experience gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial information to executive teams and external stakeholders. She or he will ideally have experience in a complex nonprofit that has multiple programs. Specific requirements include:
- Minimum of a BA; CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development, and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
- A track record in grants management as it relates to compliance and reporting of government, corporate and foundation grants is essential
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus. simple reporting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.