Part Time Office Manager
Job ID: BH331979
Category: Office Manager, Administrative Assistant
Part Time Office Manager – Cambridge
Contract to hire
Length of Project: 6+ months
Interview Process: 2 video calls
Hours: 25 hours, very flexible on which days and hours. When people start to return to the office, the hours could increase to 40.
COVID: They do not have a plan of when they are opening the office. As of now it likely wont be before the fall. Everyone is working remote right now. About 8 people go into the office by choice. The office can fit up to 25. Will provide free parking during COVID.
*Will provide free parking during Covid at a lot nearby.
*Remote for now, will need to go into the office 1 time per week to check mail etc but probably not a full day.
Co Size: 80 ee
Why Open: Backfill for them.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Administrative Assistant experience
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Biotech/Pharma industry
- Office Management experience
The Office Manager acts as the receptionist for the Corporate Headquarters and oversees all aspects of the corporate headquarters including the Reception area, common area and conference rooms. The incumbent may also assist the Head of HR with administrative tasks, planning company meetings and events. Will develop and monitor a budget for all costs associated with operation of the office area.
Initially, this will be a 25 hour per week additional hours may be required during the pandemic.
- Acts as the main point of contact for maintenance; coordinates with building staff and communicates to employees about repairs, cleaning procedures and other building-related issues.
- Responsible for maintenance and cleanliness of the office.
- Manages office facilities including space planning, ordering furniture and facilitating office moves as required.
- Manages shipping and receiving activities to ensure all office related items including mail and packages are delivered to employees in a timely manner.
- Acts as the point of contact for supply vendors; ensures there is an adequate stock of office supplies and is responsible for ongoing regular orders as well as requests outside of normal stock.
- Works in close concert with IT to manage equipment support for new hires at the corporate office.
- Monitors and maintains supplies and snacks inventory.
- Supervises maintenance of office equipment, including the photocopier and printer.
- Contributes to the planning and execution of staff meetings at the Cambridge site including scheduling conference rooms, sending meeting invites to employees and ordering food.
- May assist the Head of HR will admin support.
- Assists with the onboarding scheduling conference rooms and setting up new hire’s work station ensuring it is properly stocked with office supplies.
- Sends new hire swag to new hires at home during pandemic.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 3-5 years of related experience required.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail, follow through and responsiveness, as well as the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform he essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; used hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb be stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.