Job ID: BH331969
Category: Contracts Administrator, Contracts Admin
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 2-3 years in contracts management experience
- Proficient with standard office software applications (MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Pharmaceutical experience
- Experience with outsourcing and competitive bids highly desirable
- Experience in pharmaceutical/biotech companies is preferred
- Experience with SharePoint and iManage or other similar tools desirable
- Experience working with external groups towards a goal where timelines are met or exceeded
- Proven track record of building relationships with cross functional stakeholders; internal and external
Pharmaceutical company is looking for a Temporary Contract Specialist to join our Contracts and Collaborations Management group in Boston. The Contract Specialist will be responsible for the completion of agreements relating to the support of outsourced services for research and development (R&D) programs, including but not limited to confidential disclosure, consulting, outsourced services, master services, material transfer, sponsored research, licenses, amendments and other external activities associated with Vertex's global outsourced research and development efforts.
The successful candidate will manage the generation of agreements using legal templates, negotiate terms and conditions with for-profit and non-profit groups (CROs, academic laboratories, university technology transfer offices, etc.), coordinate the final execution of the agreements and associated procurement for research, preclinical, and pharmaceutical sciences contracts as well as produce progress reports as required.
The successful candidate will also work closely with and manage cross-functional communications with internal stakeholders – such as Preclinical Development, Pharmaceuticals Sciences, Research, Legal, Finance, Procurement, Strategic Sourcing and other members of the Contracts and Collaborations Management group – to ensure the contract terms and budget follow the company's Contracting Policy. The successful candidate will also handle communications with the external parties the company wishes to engage. This position will require to work under tight timelines.
The Contract Specialist will also help manage certain collaborations and strategic vendor relationships within research and preclinical development to drive continuous improvement, resolve complex issues, and coordinate new opportunities of mutual benefit to all parties. This may involve identifying and executing upon cost and Strategic Sourcing saving initiatives.
The Contract Specialist will work with the other members of the Contracts and Collaborations Management and Sourcing teams and with the Contracting Centre of Excellence to develop and adapt best practices, generating work/training aids where required.
The successful candidate will also contribute to efforts to streamline and optimize the process for more effective and efficient outsourcing and contracting.
Day to day duties include:
- Drafting and negotiation of various preclinical and research agreements using legal templates
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiations
- Supports cross-functional relationships with Preclinical Safety Assessment, Bioanalysis, DMPK, Research, Legal, Corporate Compliance (OBIE), Finance, and Strategic Sourcing groups
- Schedule and lead meetings and contract negotiations with business representatives, draft meeting minutes when appropriate
- Keep track of terms and key issues relating to ongoing agreements
- Enter agreements and associated data into a database and financial management systems
- Keep updated files and prepare reports as required
- Supplier management and negotiations related to cost, terms, etc.
- Performs follow-up activities for accounts payable/procurement issues as necessary for relevant functional groups
- Works closely With Vertex's Legal, Preclinical Safety Assessment, Bioanalysis, DMPK, and Pharmaceuticals Sciences groups and other relevant functional groups for review and escalation of contract and budget issues
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.