Job ID: BH331882
Category: Researcher, Administrative Assistant
Under the general direction of a company faculty member, develop, design and conduct research projects using advanced quantitative and qualitative methods. Conduct background research and literature reviews. Synthesize, analyze, and interpret results. Write, edit or update all forms of academic writing including case studies, academic and popular journal articles, teaching notes, project reports, policy memos and multimedia scripts. Provide advanced subject-matter expertise and act as a collaborator and thought-partner to the faculty member. Requirements include evidence of academic excellence and prior high-quality, original academic writing and research. Strong skills related to analysis and interpretation of relevant data, research, news, and literature are needed. Demonstrated skill at navigating complex information, situations and organizations and proven ability to work independently and creatively are needed. Full proficiency in Microsoft Office is expected.
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Programs, Growth Lab, at the Center for International Development.
The Sponsored Research Administrator (SRA) provides life-cycle administration of federal and non-federal sponsored awards and manages internal research funding. S/he proactively establishes relationships with the Growth Lab team and partners with HKS Research Administration Office (RAO) and Office for Sponsored Programs (OSP) to provide expert guidance on all sponsored research issues.
• Tracks research proposal and grants as they move through pre and post award activities;
• Helps develop proposal budgets, detailed cost analyses and budget justifications;
• provides policy interpretation on grant and gift parameters in accordance with sponsor, University, and HKS policies;
• Liaises closely with HKS Research Administration; and
• Administers grants to ensure accuracy and compliance with award and institutional guidelines.
• Manages sponsored, gift and endowment contracts;
• Reviews transactions and works with the Growth Lab finance team to appropriately apply internal controls;
• Verifies salary allocations to research accounts, including faculty supplemental salary, and coordinates changes to payroll on sponsored awards. Reviews effort statements ensure accuracy before release to PI certifiers;
• Works closely with the Growth Lab team and company OSP to establish accounts, maintain accurate financial records, prepare financial reports and invoices, and close out projects; and
• Keeps grant proposal team apprised of developments in post-award grants management, ensuring financial compliance with federal regulations and agency guidelines.
Higher Ed experience is a must
Experience with federal awards
Knowledge of sponsored research rules
Administration of federal (both pre- and post-award) grants is required.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.