Job ID: BH331525
Category: HR Administrator, Payroll Administrator
A telecommunications company is seeking a part-time Payroll Administrator to join their team. This person has the ability to create their own work schedule. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, a problem solver and comfortable being the sole-person responsible for processing payroll.
*HR administration experience (onboarding, new hire orientation, etc.).
*Experience processing payroll.
*Must be detail-oriented, and a problem-solver.
NICE TO HAVE:
*Paylocity (what they currently are using) or ADP (they will be transitioning to this eventually).
*Accounting background is a plus.
- Responsible for processing company payroll ensuring accurate calculation of wages, tax and benefit withholdings, and align with time and attendance requests.
- Review, audit and resolve discrepancies by analyzing information and validate confirmed reports prior to submission of payroll.
- Ensures Payroll and Tax compliance with all State and Federal agencies, requirements and mandates.
- Reviews and validates time records for regulatory and company compliance prior to payroll transmission. Verify work hours, sick time and PTO for all employees against the timesheet submitted.
- Research and set up new states with required state agencies and as it pertains to State withholding, unemployment, sick leave, medical leave, family leave, and worker's compensation.
- Enter and maintain employee information into HR/Payroll database for new hires, transfers, changes and terminations. Assure all information is accurate and current.
- Troubleshoot employee issues as they relate to payroll or payroll related benefits.
- Generate reports monthly, quarterly or ad hoc reports for senior staff, as needed.
- Process new hire, termination and benefit changes and submit to benefit broker within 15 days of effective date.
- Audit monthly invoices for each benefit provider to ensure alignment with benefit elections and deductions, resolve discrepancies.
- Participate in annual open enrollment process by creating census data for benefit broker, attend and support open enrollment meetings, process enrollment forms, and prepare reporting for the benefit broker.
- Create and update New hire Packets and assist with conducting New Hire Orientation.
- Assist with HR sponsored events
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.