Job ID: BH330949
Category: Procurement / Supply Chain
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
6 month contract with permanent potential
The Sourcing Manager II leads and coordinates high levels of technical, financial and legal expertise from both the Company including overseas Headquarters, the supplier to structure and lead sourcing events up to the contracting, final negotiation, and contract execution. In general the Sourcing Manager II leads and performs the complete procurement process including issuing of the tender, evaluating proposals, recommending the awarding of, finalizing the contract, and booking it into ERP system.
The Sourcing Manager II is responsible for the procurement of equipment and services supporting all the divisions. Focus will mainly be on long-term and medium-to-high value (large capital investment) contracts related to the generating assets for renewable technologies but not excluding indirect procurements, Global Digital Solutions and Facilities. It is the Sourcing Manager’s responsibility to ensure that equipment and services are procured to provide maximum value in terms of quality, price and schedule while minimizing delivery risks.
What You'll Do:
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- Lead and coordinate high levels of technical, financial and legal expertise for the Company including overseas Headquarters and the supplier to structure;
- Direct sourcing events up to the contracting, final negotiation, and contract execution;
- Lead and perform the complete procurement process including issuing of the tender, evaluating proposals, recommending the awarding of, finalizing the contract, and booking it into ERP system;
- Ensure that the procurement process is executed according to policies and procedures, and documented in order to allow transparency and traceability throughout;
- Identify all value items and their relationship within the scope of the procurement and set the tender strategy according to a well-defined awarding criteria;
- Coordinate the flow of information internally and externally maintaining all stakeholders apprised on progress;
- Finalize the commercial and contractual deal as a basis for the contractual finalization through standard general conditions and/or managing exceptions to those together with Legal and the main stakeholders;
- Achieve the highest value for the procurement while minimizing delivery, quality and performance risks. Find compromises and solutions to drive negotiations to a close under time pressure;
- Actively participate in vendor relationship management, including: general communications and regular meetings, leading the vendor qualification processes, maintaining and improving vendor and market knowledge, updating the vendors’ database with new vendors and measurement of existing vendor performance.
Who You Are:
- Proficiency interpreting risks related to terms and conditions;
- Adept analytical skills;
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Superior negotiation and contract writing skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively support and work well with people from different disciplines;
- Superior organizational and detail orientation to ensure accuracy and quality;
- Strong client-facing and internal communication skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment is preferred;
- Fluent in Spanish or Italian will be highly regarded;
- Domestic and international travel up to 10%.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or other analytical/technical degree;
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in program management, 6 years preferred, preferably in a matrix organization;
- Technically proficient with ERP systems and other analytical tools;
- Renewable energy/utility project development and /or knowledge of various renewable energy technologies, specifically generation equipment;
- Previous exposure to auctions, reverse auctions, and electronic marketplaces;
- Experience within the renewable energy industry and construction projects are preferred;
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.