Job ID: BH330895
Category: Administrative Assistant
Performs the day to day clerical, recordkeeping or processing duties of a particular area or function using common office technology and company administrative systems. Will train on latter. Gathers data and assists in preparing reports. Provides information to faculty, staff members, students and the public. Keyboards and processes text and information, and may answer general correspondence. Makes appointments and maintains calendars based on specific instructions. Arranges meetings, schedules rooms and equipment. May maintain inventory and or order office supplies. Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing clerical or administrative duties as required. Some business training beyond high school desired.
Responsibilities: Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manages complex calendars (outlook based), arranges for meetings, appointments and travel, and prepares expense reports for the two aforementioned faculty members.
• Reviews, assesses, routes, answers and monitors follow up action steps on correspondence for the two aforementioned faculty members.
• Serves as principal contact and source of information for customers (faculty, students, staff and external customers) of the two faculty members being supported.
• Coordinates smaller scale events including the FXB Center’s WIPs (Work In Progress) series and staff meetings. This involves coordinating/planning meetings; confirming speaker engagements (for WIPs); arranging travel/hotel (if needed); soliciting program materials and speaker bios; preparing flyers; overseeing the zoom scheduling and hosting, and assisting in promoting the events to varied audiences.
• Purchases and maintains inventory of supplies for the office and supported faculty members.
• Creates and maintains filing system(s) as necessary.
• Uses multiple technical applications including word processing, spreadsheets, electronic calendar, email, and other company-specific systems.
• Upon reopening after COVID (not expected until Fall 2021 at the earliest) provides front desk coverage for the Center which includes answering the main telephone line and greeting visitors.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
• Strong comfort with Outlook, Zoom, Microsoft Office required. Knowledge of Canva graphics program a plus but not required.
• Experience with Buy-to-Pay and Concur.
• College degree preferred, or an equivalent of education plus experience in an office environment.
• Able to comfortably juggle multiple priorities and competing deadlines.
• Proven interpersonal skills with experience providing complex administrative support in a high-profile environment with tact and diplomacy.
• Three plus years related experience with proven office administration and customer service skills required.
• This position is temporarily remote during COVID; candidates must be able to transition to in-person at our Boston office upon reopening.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.