Ops Specialist – MFS
Job ID: BH330202
Category: Accounting and Finance
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
- The Operations Intermediate Specialist – MFS Account Opening performs high level specialized operational fund account opening activities in support of the firm’s business lines. S/he is a subject matter specialist typically dealing with moderately complex issues as they relate to his/her area of focus. These activities include; fund account document review and execution, communication with fund companies, processing and recording, reporting and acknowledgement, and reconciliation.
- Securities Processing: Process transactions, verify information, manage daily volume, perform intraday and end of day reconciliation of daily work, help to ensure all deadlines and requirements are being met.
- Client Service: Provide superior client service, ensure timely response to internal and external requests, follow up on open inquiries.
- Risk Management: Help to identify and document errors in an effort to reduce exposure, interact with other departments on resolution of issues, communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure, manage associated fund account projects, assist with defining procedures and controls.
- Processing: Prepare and execute required fund documentation, investigate and respond to inquiries related to fund account openings, correctly reflect fund accounts on company systems, maintain and review daily department reports pertaining to mutual fund account openings
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience or 1 to 2 years of Global Custody experience.
- Proven knowledge of one or more product area within Operations and its process, ability to perform technical responsibilities of the job with a high level of competence, aptitude for thorough and timely research, analysis and resolution of a problem, ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills, strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and effectively juggle assignments, ability to work in a team environment, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure, proactive self starter who is detail and goal oriented.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.