Job ID: BH330144
Category: Controller, Accounting and Finance
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Overall responsibilities will include oversight/execution of the following:
- Management/supervision of the US accounting department staff, 4- 5 individuals, and coordination on International Accounting issues on the monthly consolidation/close;
- Ensure team members remain motivated, challenged through learning opportunities and guided in their professional development with an effective coaching relationship
- Internal control reviews and testing within the company to ensure accuracy and compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- Working with their international counterparts, establishment and maintenance of SOX controls over the accounting processes to track revenue, expenses, assets and liabilities;
- Performs internal control reviews and testing within the company to ensure accuracy and compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- Reviews financial statements for completeness and accuracy with some general ledger and consolidation responsibilities;
- Assisting in the internal and external (SEC) financial reporting and regulatory compliance with reporting/accounting regulations including annual and quarterly reporting;
- Develops accounting for complex transactions including position statements in memo form;
- Financial compliance with contractual obligations, including royalty accounting and reporting, debt covenants, government compliance reporting, and implementation of systems to track same;
- Management of the external audit relationships as it pertains to North America;
- Work closely with ERP team to ensure all data feeds, inventory transactions, project management accounting and monthly internal/external reporting is appropriately captured and tracked in the Company’s system;
- Timely and efficient monthly and quarterly close through the accounting staff, and prepare segment reporting, if required;
- Other special projects as assigned.
- The individual will have an education and background in accounting including 3-5 years of public accounting experience.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting
- CPA Required MBA preferred
- Individual must have 7- 10 years of experience in financial reporting for a post- SOX era public company with at least 5 years of management/supervisory experience.
- Global, commercial biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with a revenue generating company and the consolidation of foreign operations is a must.
- Candidate must have very strong analytical, and technical accounting capabilities and strong current references.
- Strong leadership, collaborative and coaching skills with experience managing and mentoring teams.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.