Director of Accounting
Job ID: BH329678
Category: CPA, Controller, Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Job title: Director of Accounting
Job location: Boston but remote for now
Industry & Company size: E-commerce company approaching $1 Billion in revenue, PE backed.
public accounting and industry experience
e-commerce/retail/consumer goods industry experience
DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING
Primary Location: Boston, MA, US
Due to our continued success, we are adding a Director of Accounting to our talented team. As the Director of Accounting you will lead the accounting team and report to the VP, Controller. You will be responsible for oversight of the general ledger and accounting operations on a day-to-day basis. The role is currently remote.
- Oversight and management of the general accounting function which includes all aspects of financial reporting including Revenue/Accounts Receivable, COGS/Inventory and Operating Expenses.
- Oversee and ensure efficient and timely month-end, quarterly and year-end close process which includes balance sheet reconciliations and analysis.
- Partner with Finance, Operations and other cross-functional teams to collect and share data to assist in presenting complete and accurate financial records.
- Develop and coach team members, responsible for supervision of small team of accountants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting required
- Masters Degree/CPA strongly preferred
- Minimum 5-10+ years of experience gained in a combination of public accounting and/or retail company
- Experience in Retail or Consumer Markets preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting required
- Well organized and capable of managing multiple projects in dynamic fast-paced environment
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.