Job ID: BH328949
Category: Project Manager
A manufacturing company in the Greater Boston area seeks a full time, permanent Project Manager.
- 5+ years of working experience in project management in precision machinery/capital equipment industry or a related industry.
- Strong track record to manage multiple parallel projects from inception to completion.
- Adept at collaborating with both technical and business groups with proven cross-functional leadership to work with subject matter experts.
- Certificate or Training of Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to meet project milestones.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time and within scope. •
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility by holding necessary reviews.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor, track and communicate progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope and project schedule using appropriate verification techniques.
- Proactively identify and highlight critical-path dependencies, risks, and opportunities. Perform risk management to minimize project risks. Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Help management prioritize projects based on resource availability, opportunity and risk analysis.
- Manage the relationship with Sales and other internal departments relevant to projects.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors, if necessary.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Measure and track project performance, specifically to analyze performance metrics.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.