Job ID: BH328925
Category: Assistant Controller
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Are you an experience accounting professional looking for your next opportunity? Do you have managerial and public/private accounting experience? Have you worked in industries with multiple revenue streams, especially software?
A leading privately-held software company in Southern California is looking for an Assistant Controller. Reporting to the Controller, this person will oversee multiple accounting managers and will be in charge of the technical accounting, revenue recognition, and reporting.
- Lead and develop a high-performing team, investing in others to help them grow, creating a positive working environment, and collaborating cross-functionally
- Serve as the finance organization’s subject matter expert on revenue accounting and collaborate with legal, sales, customer service, and professional services relative to contract negotiations to provide guidance on technical accounting, policy, or process issues regarding proper revenue recognition
- Oversee the technical accounting function of all significant transactions, including revenue; identifying, analyzing, and applying technical guidance; drafting policies/correspondence; and providing training to internal finance and accounting groups
- Monitor, adopt, and implement new accounting pronouncements applicable to the company; proactively partner with business stakeholders as necessary to analyze the impact on the operational and/or financial aspects of the company
- Develop strong and collaborative working relationships with leaders within sales, products, engineering, IT, and legal departments; maintain ongoing and constant communication to provide revenue recognition compliant solutions for new initiatives
- 8+ years accounting experience
- Active CPA or ability to reactivate CPA license
- Public/Private accounting experience
- Managerial Experience
- Strengths in GAAP, reporting, revenue recognition and technical accounting
- Public experience out of Big 4
- Industry experience: Information Technology & Services, Computer Software, Internet etc.
- Past companies have $200mm in revenue or more
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.