Job ID: BH328556
Category: Administrative Assistant
Receives faculty, students, staff, and the public, securing names and wants, and directs accordingly. Answers incoming calls and directs them to proper person. May maintain one or more appointment calendars. May perform typing duties. May process incoming and outgoing mail. Performs related job duties as required.
Successful candidates will be capable of working independently with minimal supervision, have a strong desire to have direct interface with a large patient population pool, multiple dentists and or dental residents and students, possess excellent customer service skills, exceptional organizational and time management skills. The position will perform day-to-day activities of services related to meeting and greeting patients, registering new patients, insurance and patient billing, insurance coding, data entry, cashiering, MassHealth coding, and accounts receivable aging. Updates coordinator and administrators on status of projects.
• On a daily/ongoing basis: Meeting, welcoming patients, and registering new patients; obtaining required consent forms; answering general questions and communicating in person, via phone (personal line), and via email; data entry and payment management; logs into call center/mainline (617-432-1434) and helps answer calls on a daily basis. At EVERY visit:
o Checks-in AND checks-out patient in axiUm.
o Ensures/confirms insurance card/eligibility.
o Collects email addresses and confirms that demographics are correct/spelled properly and inputs into axiUm.
o Collects how patient heard about HDC (e.g. ad, referral, etc.) and inputs into axiUm.
o Obtains patient payments (cash, credit, checks) and follows-up with insurance RE payment questions.
o Individually, encourages patients to take available surveys or reviews. (Asks providers—whether FGP or TP—for their help with this too, in identifying potential positive reviews).
o Ensures patients are set up with next appointment (if not scheduled while in operatory with provider), prior to that patient leaving.
• Practice consistent insurance/patient billing/coding—partnering heavily with Patient Account Coordinators to ensure correct information is captured sooner rather than later.
• Serves as primary PSL/first-point-of-contact for a select group of providers/patient base (providing business cards/contact info), but services all patients who enter and exit the FGP and TP. Ensures providers’ scheduling needs are constantly met—keeping in regular contact to ensure schedules are being filled.
• Receives daily reports from Coordinators (e.g. Missing Charges) and follow-ups up with listed providers to ensure charges get entered in.
• Assists patients with Patient Portal—troubleshooting as needed.
• Performs other duties, as needed.
* Experience with axiUm is a plus.
The PSL acts as a team player, takes care of own tasks in a timely and responsible fashion, and aids other colleagues as time allots. The PSL gets the job done amidst constant interruption and abrupt changes to the schedule. He/she has a strong desire to directly interface with a large and diverse patient population pool, multiple dentists, and dental students. He/she possesses excellent customer service skills, exceptional organizational practices, and time management skills. Updates Coordinators first and then immediate supervisor on items unable to troubleshoot or follow-through on.
High school diploma and three or more years of related experience. Education beyond high school may count toward experience. Experience with cash management and payment processing and reconciliation, recordkeeping, and data entry.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.