Human Resources Generalist 2
Job ID: BH327320
Category: HR Generalist, Generalist / Recruiter, Recruiter, Human Resources
Specialty: Human Resources
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources (business or related field is a plus)
- 1 – 2 years of work experience in Human Resources required.
- Must have strong technical, organization, interpersonal, and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Possess working knowledge of various word processing, HR systems, and graphic programs (HR Perspective, Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio)
- Manufacturing industry experience is highly desired
Coordinates and maintains various employee programs. Assist with new hire process, recruiting, employee relations and benefit administration. Responsible for maintaining employee personnel files, employee boards, and coordination of employee meetings and events. Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with direct labor and temporary staffing needs
- Maintain relationships with appropriate scientific temporary agencies
- Manage the interview process, coordinating interviews with external candidates and internal hiring panel
- Utilize behavioral interviewing techniques to screen potential candidates
- Reviewing walk-in applications and following up with applicants
- Accountable for ensuring paperwork for new hires, promotions, benefit elections, terminations, LOAs, counseling forms, employee change notices and all other personnel changes are completed correctly processed and filed.
- Assist with employee relations. Interpret policies and procedures to employees. Assist employees with questions and directs them to the appropriate source for information.
- Administer the Tuition Reimbursement, Safety Shoe, Eye Wear, Employee Referral and Service Award programs. Coordinate the processing of applications and reimbursements. Coordinate reimbursement of payments through Accounts Payable and Payroll Departments
- Administer and coordinate FMLA, STD and all other leaves of absences
- Responsible for generating all HR reports – New hire report, Terminations report, Employee Roster, Salary report, Birthday report, Anniversary Report, Internal Equities, Salary History and all other reports as needed
- Conduct background checks and verifications of employment
- Maintain Organizational Charts, personnel and I-9 files
- Perform additional duties and assist with HR projects as needed
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.