Job ID: BH326362
Category: Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager
Growing start-up client is looking for a Senior Accountant with experience with international accounting and revenue recognition. The Senior Accountant will report to the Director of Finance and be an integral part of this growing accounting team.
- Perform the consolidated monthly close of the general ledger in QuickBooks, including assisting in the preparation of month end journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis of the US parent and international subsidiaries
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements and related analysis of actual results to budget
- Manage the Accounts Payable function, which includes the processing of vendor invoices, review and approval of expense reports, and 1099 filings
- Perform the Payroll function, including reviewing and approving biweekly and monthly payroll reports
- Take ownership of monthly/quarterly sales and use tax filings
- Prepare the accounting for inventory transactions
- Own the Sales Order Entry and Accounts Receivable functions including generating invoices, cash collections, the posting of cash receipts, interaction with clients regarding past due balances and open aging analysis
- Help with the accounting for all revenue transactions including the proper revenue recognition in compliance with the latest accounting pronouncements
- Assist in the annual audit of the company’s financial statements
- Establish and/or update accounting policies & procedures.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5+ years of experience auditing or working in venture backed technology companies
- Experience with manufacturing/inventory accounting a plus
- Experience with consolidations and foreign currencies a plus
- Solid understanding of GAAP and revenue recognition
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.