Quality Assurance Supervisor
Job ID: BH323960
Category: Quality Assurance (QA)
Job Title: Quality Assurance Supervisor
The person filling this position is responsible for all quality assurance & food safety. He/She shall ensure successful compliance of this responsibility by designing, developing and managing the implementation of policies and procedures to insure product quality and food safety. The person filling this position is responsible for overseeing quality efforts in the facility in line with company objectives under the supervision of the QA Manager.
- Coordinates with production in-process control to produce safe and quality product that meets specifications
- Working with the plant management team and all other personnel to produce company products of the highest quality in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Ensure tests on finished products are in compliance with company, customers specification and Regulatory compliance.
- Oversee and support plant sanitation, maintains and aligns practice with SSOP’s to ensure equipment and facility cleanliness.
- Write and modify SOP's
- On-going perform internal audits and other surveys to ensure high standards are maintained, and actively involve for root cause analysis and continuous improvement.
- Ensures compliance with government regulations regarding quality control and facility requirements.
- Coordinates with purchasing in order to ensure raw materials and packaging supplies meet specifications and are fit for use.
- Maintains quality related documents and records to ensure processing is accurate and completed on schedule.
- Manages development of personnel to provide trained candidates for succession.
- Oversees all aspects of the Quality activities, including microbiological, chemical, physical and sensory aspects of all food products manufactured at this facility, incoming material in conformance with standard.
- Provides continuous leadership and guidance to assigned personnel for the purpose of increasing their effectiveness and establishing good working relationships.
- Coordinates with other staff, the introduction of new methods, product trials or systems and programs for solving problem situations.
- Responsible for assisting QA Manager to maintain success lot trace and ensure
- Responsible for assisting in the success of 3rd party audits
- Ensure company preparedness for potential crisis situations by establishing and maintaining the company crisis management plan.
- Assist plant in resolving quality issues by identifying quality problems and implementing corrective action plans.
- Establish uniform reporting programs for product quality and consumer complaint data.
- Daily sensory analysis of products produced and incoming raw materials.
- Manage pest control program.
- Under the supervision of Quality Assurance Manager, updating company quality system, training staff and enforce all safety, Quality system policy and practice rule.
- The employee must be able to walk the production lines frequently
- Must be able to lift, push, and/or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Contributing and encouraging contrib
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.